Copyright © The Carnegie Herald. All rights reserved.
Founded in the horse and buggy days, The Carnegie Herald is Carnegie's oldest privately-owned business still in existence today.
The first issue of The Carnegie Herald came off a chain drive press in May 1903, four years before statehood when Carnegie was becoming a thriving trading post on the banks of the Washita River in western Oklahoma.
The Herald celebrated it's 100th anniversary in 2003 and has had 10 owners during it's century of covering news in the heart of the southwest.
Today the newspaper is owned by
Publishers Donald and Lori Cooper
who purchased the business in June, 1991.
Winner of the 2012 Oklahoma Press Association's
Better Newspaper Contest Sequoyah Award,
the highest honor given to newspapers.